Sabrina Carpenter is the latest celebrity to slam the White House for using her music without her permission.
On Tuesday, the Grammy-winning pop star responded to a video from the White House’s official X account, which used her viral track “Juno” to soundtrack an Immigration and Customs Enforcement video. The 21-second montage, posted on Monday, shows ICE agents chasing and handcuffing people as Carpenter’s famous lyric, “Have you ever tried this one?” loops in the background.
Carpenter responded to the video on X, writing, “this video is evil and disgusting. Do not ever involve me or my music to benefit your inhumane agenda.”
The White House responded to Carpenter’s post with a reference to her two-time Grammy-winning album Short n’ Sweet, telling Entertainment Weekly, “Here's a Short n’ Sweet message for Sabrina Carpenter: we won't apologize for deporting dangerous criminal illegal murderers, rapists, and pedophiles from our country.”
Also referencing lyrics from Carpenter’s 2025 single, “Manchild,” the White House spokesperson added, per Entertainment Weekly, “Anyone who would defend these sick monsters must be stupid, or is it slow?”
The Man’s Best Friend singer isn’t the only artist to slam the White House for using their music without their consent.
Kenny Loggins demanded that his song “Danger Zone,” which was famously featured in 1986’s Top Gun, be removed from a video posted by President Trump on Truth Social in October. The AI-generated clip shows Trump wearing a crown and flying in a fighter jet labeled “King Trump.” The jet then dumps what appears to be feces on protestors in New York City. The release of the video coincided with the widespread No Kings protests in the U.S., which condemned the Trump administration’s policies.
“Nobody asked me for my permission, which I would have denied, and I request that my recording on this video is removed immediately,” Loggins said in a statement on his website. “I can’t imagine why anybody would want their music used or associated with something created with the sole purpose of dividing us. … We're in this together, and it is my hope that we can embrace music as a way of celebrating and uniting each and every one of us.”
The Trump administration, per Entertainment Weekly, responded to the outlet’s request for comment on the matter with a Top Gun meme.
Olivia Rodrigo condemned the White House and Department of Homeland Security in November for using her song, “All-American B***h,” from her 2023 album, Guts, to soundtrack a video about self-deportation. Rodrigo posted her comments on Instagram: “don’t ever use my songs to promote your racist, hateful propaganda.”
Other musicians who have objected to the Trump administration’s unauthorized use of their music this year include the bands MGMT and Semisonic.
Earlier this year, Carpenter encouraged her fans to join her in donating to the National Law Center amid ongoing ICE raids.
latest_posts
- 1
Banks for High Fixed Store Rates: Amplify Your Reserve funds - 2
In a first, scientists observe a comet reversing its spin - 3
These four astronauts could soon travel farther from Earth than anyone has gone before - 4
Moderna to complete US mRNA manufacturing network with $140 million investment - 5
A photographer finds thousands of dinosaur footprints near Italian Winter Olympic venue
Churches and politicians in South Sudan call for 'lasting peace' in Easter messages
Select Your Cherished Fish
Netflix's Eddie Murphy documentary explains 'Saturday Night Live' beef: 'That's why I didn't go back for years'
Trump said affordability is a ‘hoax’ in his Pennsylvania speech. What do the latest numbers show?
Scientists dove hundreds of feet into the ocean and found creatures no human has ever seen. Our trash beat us there
Vote in favor of the pasta that makes good dieting pleasant!
Hitler's madcap mega-railway would have linked Berlin with India
Qantas and Virgin Australia Ban Power Bank Usage on Flights Following Safety Incidents
Starbucks' new 'Bearista' cup is causing a stir — and is being listed on eBay for $600











